Go Ahead, Drop It! Rugged Smartphone Case & Accessories
Rokform collaborating with XPNDBLS, created rugged electronic products line, the Reactor series. Rokform is a brand name of premium rugged smartphone cases with magnetic mountable accessories. Its products are meant to withstand the day to day use and accidental drops. XPNDBLS created the Reactor series from design to product prototyping. It started with an iPhone case concept, and when the design is completed and prototypes was made, Rokform team brought them to Las Vegas to be put to test in CNET’s live drop test battle in front of a big audience.
XPNDBLS’ innovation for Rokfrom Reactor:
- Battery Case — slim, rugged case rated IP65-level water and dust proof. The case extends smartphone battery life with an additional 2,000 mAh.
- Premium Car Charger — dual USB ports, each with 12 W of charging power, constructed of aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Wireless Powerbank — 4,000 mAh of wireless charging and a USB port in an IP65-rated wireless charging port that keeps working even if it gets wet from rain or splashes.
- XPNDBLS also developed a Rugged Premium Bluetooth Speaker for a prototype show and tell, that was rated IP65 with 10 Watt speaker. Equipped with a long lasting 8000 mAh battery, the prototype was waterproof and served as a power bank, so users could charge their devices via the speaker. The engineering ensured the Rokform speaker offers great sound volume in a compact design.
XPNDBLS’ team of experts eagerly accepted the challenge of developing the toughest iPhone battery case yet.
- Industrial designers developed Rokform’s Reactor series to have its own distinct look and feel in the user‘s hand.
- Electrical engineers designed all of the Reactor series’ circuitry. Our experts relied exclusively on premium electronic components to deliver a high powered car charger in a compact package. XPNDBLS’ team also developed a portable, rugged wireless charging station that was waterproof too.
- The mechanical engineers mastered the technique of constructing an all metal car charger and waterproofing the wireless charging powerbank.
- Our team handled all of the pre-certification testings required to make sure the products would meet regulatory and industry standards.
Rokform’s Reactor series case was featured in CNET’s CES iPhone X drop test and was the only survivor of a drop from 20 feet high without a screen protector. Rokform CEO Jeff Whitten has said the partnership with XPNDBLS ensured his company put “its best engineering foot forward.”
Partner with XPNDBLS
Count on our team to get your idea to market with precision and efficiency. Our process outperforms competitor timelines without sacrificing accuracy, quality, or durability. Contact us today!